The Parks & Recreation Department of the Municipality of Anchorage invites the public’s participation in an effort to update our 5-year Parks Strategic Action Plan. The Parks & Recreation Department has realized significant achievements under the last 2005 – 2008 Strategic Action Plan and it is time to think strategically about the next 5 years for Parks & Recreation in the Municipality.
The Parks Strategic Action Plan identifies the critical steps needed to assure a bright future for Parks and Recreation in the Municipality of Anchorage.
Seeking to inform and gain public input, we have scheduled 4 Community Meetings to:
· Celebrate all the hard work and progress made in improving Anchorage Parks and Trails;
· Unveil plans for upcoming 2009-2010 neighborhood parks projects;
· Help plan future improvements to the park and trail system;
· Learn about Proposition 4 – the Parks Bond proposition;
· Learn about volunteer opportunities for this summer and get involved in your local park.
You and your constituents are cordially invited to the 2009 – 2014 Parks Strategic Action Plan Update Community Meetings, scheduled as follows:
* Northeast Park District
March 30, 6 p.m.
Begich Middle School
* Northwest Park District
March 26, 6 p.m.
Romig Middle School
* Central & Southeast Park Districts
April 1, 6 p.m.
Spring Hill Elementary School
* Southwest Park District
March 31, 6 p.m.
Klatt Elementary School
We sincerely appreciate your help in getting the word out to people about these important public participation opportunities. We look forward to seeing you there.
Department of Parks & Recreation
Municipality of Anchorage
632 West 6th Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99510