Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kincaid project update

Greetings and Happy Holidays, Singletrack Advocates!

I have just hit the send button on our 8th grant to support the Kincaid Singletrack Trails Project. To date we have received funding or technical assistance from:

Anchorage Park Foundation
REI, Inc.
National Park Service—Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance Program

We have applied for and await decisions on the following:

Alaska State Parks, Recreational Trails Program
American Trails Society
Bikes Belong
ConocoPhillips
GCI
Continental Motor Group

The project budget is $200,000 for 9 miles of singletrack in Kincaid Park. Thank you to those of you who have already contributed personally or through your work places. We still have a long way to go. If you can think of any more rocks that I could look under, please send names and contact information my way.

Hope Santa bring us some new trails. Happy Holidays!

Janice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The trails I have seen and rode at Kincaid Park are so awesome I am speachless!!! I ran into Lee on the trail. Good Job Lee!!! Trails are great. I want to ride more!